Discovering sex through various media outlets


I think that every red blooded American discovered sex with some degree of similarity; and I'm not talking about actual sex. I'm talking more along the lines of discovering sex from watching Cinemax at night, finding magazines under your parent's mattress, Victoria Secret newspaper ads. If you're older, it may have been Bettie page pin-ups or Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield posters. Or if you're MUCH older it may have been antique nude trading cards and Maye West movies.

No matter how you discovered sexuality, there is a huge demographic of Americans that discovered sex the same way you did. That is unless you're a victim of sexual abuse, which unfortunately a lot of people were, but I digress....

My introduction to sex happen much like most children of the 80's, and that was through late night cable channels such as Cinemax and Showtime. Then you had a multitude of sex induced movies such as "Porkys", "Hamburger the motion Picture", "Hotdog the movie", and "Revenge of the Nerds". Hell, I even discovered homosexuality from those movies, like "Revenge of the nerds", and the ever feminine, legwarmer wearing, headband sporting, black gay nerd Lamar. Back in those days I thought a black man being gay as so unrealistic, and then you get older and realize that black guys like Lamar really do exist.

Then there was "Reform School girls" staring the very mentally unstable Wendy O Williams who I learned committed suicide in real life. "Reform school girls" had all the classic elements of a terrible 80's b-movie; bad acting, bad hair, naked girls, and all of them locked in a jail and lusting after each other. Terrible, but I LOVED every moment of it.

There were some days when I couldn't wait for my parents to fall asleep so that I can watch the latest Cinemax movie, or pop in "Fatal Attraction" and fast forward right to the scene where Michael Douglas is fucking Glenn Close in the sink. That shit was HOT!

And it still is today!


Comments

Popular Posts