The Heathen Ho


I did something that I haven’t done in a long time, and that is, go to church during the week. Now I do go to church every Sunday, but it’s a rare occasion if I go during the week. Usually I’ll get the urge if there’s a really good motivational speaker in the house, or if the Church is having one of their powerful concerts, then I’ll attend.

Well the guest speaker that was there last night was some sort of Baptist/Pentecostal evangelist, and I immediately got those Vietnam War-like flashbacks of a time when I actually HATED church. When I was in the Baptist/Pentecostal faith, I actually HATED going to church, and the preacher last night solidified that angst.

What I’ve experienced in the Gentile Religion, is that the members are motivated by their emotions and not necessarily by the facts, especially in black churches. All it takes is for the Preacher to speak a little louder into the microphone and some drums, and then before you know it, the crowd is shouting and rolling on the floor. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Then he does something that really makes me angry, by claiming to have done all these unnatural miracles. His wife got up on the podium and testified that her preacher husband made bones grown into a man who had no spine. I was sitting next to a lady who chuckled because she was smart enough to know that that was a lie. But the gullible crowd went wild.

Then the preacher starts screaming and Bo Didley dancing; and I must have rolled my eyes at least 50 times that night.

Are preachers even allowed to discuss real issues with the congregation? Are they even able to give the congregation information that they can use in their everyday walks in life, like patience and tolerance? This fool actually got up there and called an Indian man a Towel head. What kind a preacher would do such a thing?

Then he begins calling random people heathens, and I was DONE! Thank God the lady that went with me got tired of the foolishness also, so we left right after we gave an offering. Al least I was decent enough to pay this fool.

Comments

  1. "His wife got up on the podium and testified that her preacher husband made bones grown into a man who had no spine."

    It would've been a wrap for me right then and there. I don't do wolves in sheep's clothing.

    I also hate how some congregations think a good sermon is lots of screaming and repetition, accompanied of course by an organ. Irritates me to no end and gives me a headache.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts