Great Women -Big Maybell


 
A High School teacher once said that I reminded her of the blues singer Big Maybell, and I was absolutely horrified and insulted. During the 90's I didn't want to hear that I resembled some over weight blues singer from the 50's. I wanted to hear that I looked like Janet Jackson or Toni Braxton, you know, someone sexy.


But as I got older, I started to listen to singers like Dinah Washington, Etta james, and Big Maybell, and it become an honor to be told that I resemble talented historical Icons.
Someone recently told me that I resemble Madame CJ Walker, and although it's a compliment to be compared physically to one of the first black millionaires, I have to say that I agree that I resemble Big Maybell a little bit more.


Someone dear to my heart told me tonight that I reminded him of the song "Sweet Georgia Brown", and I wanted him to know that he reminds me of the song "Candy", by my look-alike, Big Maybell.
Enjoy this my love!

Comments

Popular Posts