The Art of shutting the FUCK UP!

If there is ever a skill that I believe that everyone should master, that skill is knowing WHEN and HOW to shut the FUCK up. Back in my youth it was customary to always get my point across and be heard. And because of this fault, and YES it’s a fault, I lost, destroyed, and sabotaged a lot of great things and people in my life.

But with age came experience, and experience brought me small sprinkles of wisdom that taught me how to conveniently maneuver around people and their temperaments. And what I’ve learned in my short 32 years is that no matter how much people tell me they want truth and honesty, that doesn’t mean that I should always be truthful and honest with them. And the best thing to do if I believe that my honesty will cause me grief is to shut the fuck up!

Shutting the fuck up has saved me grief and headaches over the years that even when I want to strike and defend myself, I find it best not to react. It’s the reaction that makes you look like a fool and your silence that gives you power, and I’ve always been able to control certain situation through silence. It’s a Jedi-Mind trick that I learned from the book, “The 48 laws of Power”, which says conceal your intentions and always say less than necessary.

But it’s Law # 9 that has taught me the most.

“Win through your Actions, Never through Argument”

Great Book, everyone should own it!


Comments

Popular Posts