Infidelity vs. Business

I was reading a post on the fabulous blog funkybrownchick.com about women sleeping with married men, and just when I was about to post a comment, my inner spirit guide said to me....

“Don’t you fucking dare".

And immediately commenting became a BAD, BAD, BAD idea.

This is a debate I will never win and I never expect to. But when you’re in a business where you’re intimate with married men constantly and you depend on them financially, it anesthetizes you to reality, and everything that is supposed to be sacred becomes fair game. But to avoid becoming a predator that destroys marriages, I’d keep my distance from married clients emotionally and maintain business at all times.

But sometimes the waters you swim in become murky and you loose your way when you unexpectedly fall in love with one, and it takes you so far out of your comfort zone. It’s like shooting up a drug for the first time and becoming addicted to the high, although you know it’s wrong. But I can’t stop the addiction now, even if I wanted to because he has become my drug of choice and I’m a junkie for him.

I keep hearing the quote from the movie “The Bridges of Madison County” when Meryl Streep says:

“And in that moment, everything I knew to be true about myself up until then was gone. I was acting like another woman, yet I was more myself than ever before”.

I don’t know what’s going to become of all this. Maybe Karma will kick my ass later, who knows? But I pray that if an ass kicking is in my future, that it’s swift and painless so that I can get back to my regularly scheduled programming of being a Hustler.

Comments

Popular Posts