Sex, relationships, and Black women....


I absolutely REFUSE to be a lonely old lady with cobwebs for a pussy and constantly repeating the quote; “Jesus is my husband”. YES, I hear that quote quite often, mainly from lonely black women. The very first time I heard that quote was when I was in the Pentecostal religion, and some woman stood up and testified that she didn’t need no man because Jesus was her husband, and the church erupted in applause. Let me stress that the church was 80% women.
Where did black women go wrong when it came to men? We have gotten so off base relationship wise, that we have taken a religious character from a book and made him into some sort of emotional companion. Religious deities aren’t meant to replace romantic interactions between human beings, and I don’t care what nobody says.

I’ve had people tell me that I pick on black people too much, and that whites do the exact same things that I bitch about, and blah, blah, blah…

But my response to that is; I don’t live around white people, so I really don’t know what they do besides what they tell me and what I see on TV. And the fact that I fuck white men as a profession, is hardy any exposure to them.

I was having a conversation on Christmas with an uncle who’s only dated white women, and I asked him what he thought about black women, and his response was: "I haven’t dated a black woman since the 60’s, so I can’t fairly judge them because I don’t know them anymore". I respect that answer.

But it was what he said about me that made me sit up and listen.

He said that when I decide to get married that I would either marry a white dude or a nerdy black one. And when I asked him why he felt that way he said;

“Because you march to the beat of your own drum like a bohemian and you work really hard at being different, and only a certain type of man is attracted to that. White men and nerdy black ones”.

I can dig that, I LOVE nerdy black men. LOL

Comments

  1. I didn't grow up in a Black church so the first time that I heard that this was the overall sentiment of Black women in the church I was very, very shocked!

    Growing up, I've always been taught in church that God has someone out there for me; yes, there are those few that are meant to be alone, but they are very few and far in between.

    Like yourself, I also march to the beat of my own drum, so I wouldn't mind marrying a white man or a nerdy black one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Natasia

    The first time I heard that quote, I was probably 13 and even then I knew something was wrong with that.

    I promise you, marching to the beat of your own drum will make you a much happier and interesting woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Jesus is your husband, I just want to know if he can fuck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts