Sushi Fumbles...

(My plate at the Drunken Fish)


What a great weekend I had. And it's not like I did anything special or exciting; it was just one of those days where I was happy with life and the weather. Sadly, I had just started my period so I didn't see any clients that evening. I instead took my son to a birthday party at a skating rink off St. Charles Rock Road; probably one of the last great skating rinks in town. I've always been a people watcher, which is one of the things that I do to help me understand people better. And believe me; people will always give you a show when they are unaware that you are watching them....especially children.

So later that night I decided to do more people watching down at my favorite Sushi restaurant; The Drunken Fish. I was inconspicuously sitting at the bar next to two young Caucasian females. Both of them look to be no older than 25 or 26. I began to become tickled by their struggles with the chopsticks. The blonde fumbled with her sushi until it literally fell apart on her plate, and inside I laughed even harder. I wasn't laughing at them, but instead laughing at the fact that I'd been in that same predicament when I first discovered sushi. Not being able to use chopsticks and embarrassingly looking around to make sure no Asians saw me fucking up their food.

As I sat there, laughing on the inside, I see the blonde just gave up, and pick the sushi up with her hands. Soon, my food arrived and I get the usual - The Recession Roll, and the Drunken Fish Roll, and some sake. I could see the girls out of the corner of my eye, watching me to see if I were going to have the same chopstick fumbles as them. But being that I eat sushi just about every week; I have become somewhat of a pro, so sorry girls!

The brunet leans over and asks me what kind of sushi I ordered, and I told her, then I offered her some. Since I wasn't going to let her dig her fingers into my plate, I helped her position the chopsticks in her hands correctly, and guided her to a successful chopstick usage! She did it; she picked one up from my plate without destroying it, or fumbling!

Good Girl!

Comments

Popular Posts