My apartment was broken into. (Part 2)

Ok, I'm not taking any clients today because I need to get so many issues resolved with the break-in that occurred in my apartment last night. So early this morning I went down to the leasing office to report the break in, and in the most nonchalant way they said "Oh we know". I even brought it to their attention that I suspected that one of the maintenance men may be responsible, and they totally blew me off.

Well little do they know, I'm the queen of writing letters and getting shit done, so I wrote a scathing letter to both the apartment manager, the corporate office, and channel 2 news. I'm taking this very seriously. I have to take this seriously because they will just allow anything to go on if people don't start complaining. I'm starting to see more and more residents moving out, so I'm wondering if I should be next.

I'm beginning to believe that since this community is largely African American, that our issues are being ignored or treated with a lower level of concern, and I hope that this is not the case. And no offence to lower income families, but it is also rumored that the complex is now housing "Section 8" residents, which EVERYONE knows brings its own share of troubles. I'm not stereotyping, but we all know this to be true, and if I wanted to live in the "projects", I would move to the Cochran Housing Complex.

And as I've said before, I LOVE living here, but within the year or so I have been noticing a lot of Un-desirables hanging out at night, and I don't like that shit one bit.

But anyway, the ADT guy just left and I scheduled an instillation for Christmas Eve. I now have those ADT stickers posted everywhere, as well as the sign on my patio.

This totally SUCKS in so many ways.

God, just get me through the Holidays!

Thanks for listening to me bitch!

Comments

  1. I just read part 1 and 2 and this really does suck! I feel a lot of sympathy for you right now, and frustration that the people who should be helping you don't seem to give a shit. Good for you standing up to them! I'm sure you'll come out of this okay. Happy Holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THNAK YOU SO much for your kind words and well wishes. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts