Evictions, Set-Outs, and Moving Vans...



I guess with the ever seeming failing economy comes a slew of evictions, foreclosures, and move outs. Just over the weekend I counted 2 letters of evictions, and 3 moving vans all within my building. I became alarmed at the amount of residents moving out of the apartment complex, that I went down to the leasing office to ask if there was anything going on that I should be aware of. And the office manager told me that towards the end of the year many residents move out due to a raise in their Rent, or some just move out once they realize that the rent is too much to handle.

I notice a lot of that; people moving out late at night or in the wee hours of the morning just to avoid issues with the leasing office and eviction procedures. I guess they would rather move out on their own, then to be kicked out by the leasing office. That’s cleaver and all, but your credit is now FUCKED and you’ll still have to pay them eventually.

Then we have the whole getting “set out” fiasco, which is totally avoidable if you’re not a lazy moron. Why anyone would let their stuff get put on the side of the road is beyond me. In a case of an eviction, you have ample time to remove your shit. Every leasing office sends at least 2 letters warning you that your shit is on its way to being a curb-side attraction, and that’s enough to light a fire under my ass and find people to help me move. Every summer the apartment complex where I live hosts a yard sale for the stuff left behind when a resident is Set-out. How humiliating that must be to not only have your personal belongings sat out on the curb for the whole world to see that you can’t pay your bills, but to have what’s left over sold in a annual yard sale.

That’s why I say to all my fellow working girls, PLEASE be more responsible with your finances. My rent went up $20 as well, but I don’t mind the increase because every year the rent increases, so does the benefits of living here. Manicured lawns, clean hallways, gated entry, safe community, No rowdy teenagers, no ghetto riff-raff, and total peace and quiet. Just the way I like it!

Erika

Comments

Popular Posts