Guys I'd Fuck- James Baldwin


I never really knew much about James Baldwin until I went to France Last year on a Black Paris Tour. Our tour guide was walking us through the Latin Quarter and the Montmartre district, and was giving us a great history lesson on the African American entertainers and intellectuals who moved to Paris from 1920-1950, and James Baldwin was one of those expatriates.

I knew that he was a writer and intellectual but I never knew that he moved to Paris.

When I came home from France I started to do research on him and found his background really interesting. I studied his writings and became obsessed with his work. His wrings were so poignant and carefully constructed, that he could often discuss racial and sexual matters without offending anyone.

But I believe that because he was a homosexual that he was less of a threat to white society, and his sexuality is what gave him mass appeal, especially in Europe. They LOVED him there!

I believe that if he were not homosexual and moved to France, he would have been classified as another Malcolm X, and would have become yet another victim of McCarthyism.

But anyway, James is not a conventionally attractive man, but his intellect and literary work definitely makes him sexy.

His Quote on being Homosexual

“Everybody's journey is individual. If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality.”
THC

Comments

Popular Posts