Sucking Dicks in the parking lot....

The year was 1992, and it was the summer before I was set to begin 9th grade. Summer was restless, so my parents felt it was in my best interest to get a part-time job to keep me occupied. So just like many other teenagers, I went and filled out applications at many neighborhood establishments.

 And with the gift of manipulation, I was able to land a “lazy person’s job” at a local dry cleaner waiting on customers and tagging clothes. As I was sitting at the counter completing my application, another woman walked in and asked for an application. So here we were sitting side by side completing applications. We struck up a friendly conversation and she told me her name was Cindy and she was a recovering drug addict that needed a job in order to get her kids back from state custody. Since I never pass judgment on another person’s past, I wished her good luck, and hopefully we’ll be working together soon. We shook hands and left.

The next day I got the call from the cleaners that I got the job and they wanted me to start ASAP. When I arrived I saw that Cindy was there too and I was delighted to see her. She actually hugged me when I walked in. She was really cool people.

Cindy and I worked side by side for 2 weeks; we mopped the floors, cleaned the bathroom, waited on customers, and tagged clothes. We even managed to go to lunch a few times together. It was delightful.

She confided in me that she was a crack addict and did all kinds of fucked up shit to get high, and lost her kids when she went to jail for drug possession and prostitution. And part of her agreement to get her kids back was getting a job and a place to stay. I talked to her about my promiscuity and she would always tell me to be careful.

That day was pay day and the boss was passing out checks when we got back from lunch. This was our first check and both of us were excited as hell to finally be getting paid. Both of our checks were $95.00. I could see the disgust in Cindy’s face as she grabbed the calculator and tallied up her hours to make sure that her check was correct. She stood there for 10 minutes staring miserably at her check and tapping her fingers against the counter.

“$95.00 FOR TWO FUCKING WEEKS” She yelled at the top of her lungs. I frantically tried to calm her down because I didn’t want her to loose her job. I pulled her to the back and explained that they probably held back the first week and her next check will be greater. Well, she wasn’t hearing that. She told me that she was living in a motel and owed them some money, and she also needed to pay for 2 extra days so that her kids can come and visit on the weekend. I offered to give her my $95.00 check but she refused and said;

“No thank You Erika… I can make more money sucking dicks out in the parking lot”.

And funny enough, I couldn't argue with that.

Comments

Popular Posts