Free KFC. Hmmm

Free KFC? Hmmm

When an opportunity seems too good to be true, my level of suspicion begins to elevate.

Like for instance this pandemonium with these free grilled chicken dinners at KFC. Not only did my suspicion elevate when Oprah announced it on her show, but my inner Gods and Goddess made every attempt at getting the dinners extremely difficult for me, which I found was some sort of omen.

Just like millions of Americans, I became excited at the idea of getting free food from KFC, so I strategically planned a mission too successfully and smoothly get one without any hassles. Although I was suspicious from the jump about the quality of this meat considering they were giving away massive amounts, I still wanted to take advantage of the opportunity.

As I sit there preparing to print up my coupon, I began to remember a skit by the comedian Kat Williams where he said we’d eat ANYTHING, even clone meat if it were given to us for free. That was Omen #1.

Then a constant failed attempt to access the coupons was omen #2. After continuously attempting to print these coupons, I finally got 3 of them. YAY!

So there I was on a mission to get my free KFC dinners, and as I’m driving down Lindberg I not only see a line of cars backed up about a block down Lindberg, but the cops were directing traffic onto the KFC parking lot that was filled to capacity, and folks began illegally parking on the side curb, OMEN #3.

I just said FUCK THIS, and kept driving….

No matter how bad I wanted that dinner, something in my spirit kept telling me to pass, and reluctantly I did.

Comments

Popular Posts