The Sexiest woman that ever lived- Josephine Baker

Those of you that don’t know, I’ve been a Josephine Baker fanatic ever since I was a young kid. The obsession began when I was about 11 years old, and finding a nude photo of her in my elderly uncles Liquor cabinet. At the time, I didn’t know who she was, but I was intrigued by her nude photo. I was too scared to ask my uncle who she was because he would figure out that I was snooping around in his private belongings, but on the back of the photo there was name scribbled: Josephine Baker

I never forgot that name, and in 1991 HBO announced their upcoming Feature Movie “The Josephine Baker Story”, and my obsession became solidified. It was almost like Josephine picked me to be obsessed with her from the start. It’s amazing how I went from not knowing who she was, but totally fascinated by a photo, to watching a full fledge movie about her life.

Her life is so fascinating to say the least; from being a Millionaire in the 30’s and having a custom Rolls Royce, to being a spy for the French Army during the War.

Hell, I even went to visit her Chateau in southern France in 2008, and I was moved to tears by being there.

The video clip below, is her last Performance at the Bobino Theater, she was 69 years old, and died the next day. This video is so bitter sweet, because not only is it very rare, but she died less that 24 hours after this was filmed!

I love you miss Baker!


Comments

Popular Posts