Fixing the Street Prostitute...

I was reading an article yesterday where Dallas Police Aim to help street prostitutes, not jail them. And although I applaud the idea of what the Police are trying to accomplish, I hardly believe that rehab alone is going to help these girls.

Once you get the prostitute cleaned up and off the street, then what? How will she earn money to live? Oh, let me guess, a place 40 miles away in the wealthy areas, where she has to wake up at 6am, to catch 2 buses for 2 hours to earn minimum wage.

Then if she’s lucky she can apply for Food Stamps, State Health Aid, and public housing. And I know most of you are saying to yourself, “Well that’s a start”. Let me tell you something; food stamps, State Aid and public housing will be her start… AND finish.

She’ll probably be on some sort of state assistance program for the rest of her life, unless she goes to school or some vocational program such as Job Core where she can learn a skill.

Cleaning a bitch up and pushing her out into the real world never works, and that’s why these programs have low success rates. According to the article “The program's advocates acknowledge its success has been limited — about half of the 375 women arrested have chosen rehab, and just 21 have turned their lives around”

So what does that tell you? These women didn’t want to be helped.

And I’m not ashamed to admit that if I had my choice of making $1000 a night standing on a street corner versus working a 9-5 for $8.00, Erika would be hitting the pavement.

This lifestyle is addicting. And if the woman isn’t some kidnapped sex slave, then she probably doesn’t want to be helped.

Just my opinion!

Comments

Popular Posts