HBO's Hung Season 2....



The much anticipated season 2 of HBO’s Hung premiered on the 27th and I must admit that I was surprisingly impressed. Many of my acquaintances said that they thought the premier was too dark and slow, but nothing annoys me more than watching something start off exciting then leave you flat and unsatisfied in the end.

I believe this slow period is when we get to know these characters and actually have feelings for them. And THANK GOD the show isn’t sensationalized and stereotypical of prostitution. I LOVE the realness of Ray’s character as he struggles to keep his life in order, and I love that his clientele are your average Middle American women. We saw in Season 1, his first client was an overweight housewife who felt sexually neglected by her husband, and now in season 2 he has this insecure client who is pregnant, and the exchange between the two is absolutely adorable as he reassures her that he enjoys having sex with her.

But the best part in my opinion is the conversation that Tonya has with this black pimp named Charlie. It’s amazing!

She meets this black pimp in a diner, and asks for his advice on keeping Ray loyal to her, and not being so divided between her and his other more cut throat pimp named Lenore, and the pimp looks her straight in the eyes and says:

“Put him on a shorter leash, and make him WANT the leash”

“And you wanna know how you make him want that leash? You gotta be there for him when no one else is. You gotta know him like on one else knows him. And whenever he has problems you have to be the first one to fix them”.

That was brilliant!

What most people don’t realize about pimps, especially old school pimps is that they know that loyalty comes from dependency. When the Ho depends on him for everything, it’s hard for her to leave him.

I guess I’ll anxiously wait for the next episode....


Comments

Popular Posts