Being a Non-Conformist...

I received a comment on my blog that was an obvious backhanded compliment, you know those insults disguised as compliments. The reader made the assumption that since I am a “non-conformist” that I’m not marriage material, which kind of annoyed me.

The problem with blogging about a portion of your life that is considered out of the norm by most, such as being a prostitute or voodoo worshiper, is that it diminishes the idea that you are anything more than what you write about. I agree that I am a non-conformist when it comes to certain things. But the core traditional values such as family, God, and Goodness are basically still in tact.

Being a non-conformist doesn’t affect:

-Me paying my bills on time
-Me keeping a clean house
-Me attending every PTA meeting, violin concert, or school carnival
-Me being a fabulous parent to my 9 year old evil genius
-Me loving my parents
-Me loving my community
-Me loving my job
-Me loving my man or woman
-Me loving my Gods and Goddesses
-Me being supportive
-Me being friendly
-Me cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner
-Me going to school
-Me respecting my elders
-Me being courteous
-Me being an activist and volunteer

So yes my dear readers, all that regular life stuff that most people deem important, is important to me also. Being a non-conformist in my case just means that I sometimes march to the beat of my own drum.

Comments

  1. Hell yes to all Miss, I totally agree with you on this.

    Signed,

    A regular reader. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts