Freddy Krueger Remake - No Robert Englund??


Ok, this post will have absolutely nothing to do with hooking, but being the horror movie connoisseur that I am, I can not let this go without voicing my disapproval.

How the hell are you remaking a Nightmare on Elm Street movie without the original Freddy Krueger? Robert Englund is an icon, and taking him out of the new Nightmare on Elm street movie is like taking Jesus Christ from the Church (And I’m not a Christian either)

Even the trailer of this movie annoys the fuck out of me because it looks like just another quintessentially bad horror flick that seems to be oozing from Hollywood lately.

I hate it already!

You people don’t understand how much I Loved the Nightmare on Elm Street series as a kid. My dad would actually let me and my brother skip school to see the newest movie when it premiered. We’d sneak Microwave popcorn and Capri suns in our book bags, and just drift away into horror movie Utopia.

I even met Robert Englund back in 1990 at a comic book convention with my overly Gay cousin Alex, and he was always a gracious actor, especially with young kids, I was 12 and Alex was 14.

Anyway, I have some wonderful childhood memories of going to the drive-in with my parents, and watching horror movies from the hood of my dad’s 1979 Chrysler Cordoba!

Ahhhh, what a great life!
THC

Comments

Popular Posts